Greetings from the Postage Stamp

This is the true story of seven pets picked to live in an apartment. See what happens when pets stop being polite and start being real. Maximus and Dulce - Cats. Fritz and Sheldon - Hermit Crabs. Bianca and Luigi - Goldfish. Phoenix - Beta Fish.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Meet the Cast

Presidente Maximus Lloyd Vincente

Species -
Cat or very small greek man.

Description-
Small-ish black and white domestic shorthair/Mainecoon mix. Green eyes. "Very distinguished looking."

Activities -
"Can't tell you. I would have to kill you and that would get messy blood everywhere and frankly, I can't be bothered."

Favorite Spot -
The loveseat under the front window. "If you sit there, I will cut you."

"I am here because Valancy Jane knows all my scratchy spots, and she's generous with the carrot sticks."


Caspian Luca Irving

Species -
Beta fish

Description -
Dark blue at the nose, fading to a brilliant aqua on body and fins. "I am the color of a tropical ocean bay."

Activities-
Blowing bubbles, swimming in circles. "I blow bubbles at Valancy Jane to cheer her up."

Favorite Spot -
Hiding in the plastic plant in my tank. "I live in a zero gravity enviroment, yet still feel the need to lean on stuff."

"I'm a very emotionally needy fish, I need Valancy Jane to acknowledge my presense often. I get sick a lot, but Valancy Jane takes good care of me and gives me the good food."


Fritz Pierre Quinn

Species -
Hermit Crab

Description -
Red, freshwater crab. "Beedly little eyes that I rub sometimes when I wake up. I change shells occasionally. Currently I reside in a dark blue shell with gold dots on it, decorated just for me by Valancy Jane."

Activities -
Bathing, climbing, digging. "I like to crawl around on your hand or an obstacle course made of all your shoes."

Favorite Spot -
The corner behind the cermic castle.

"I am very outgoing, and sometimes I chirp to Valancy Jane at night. I don't like baths though. Please tell her I said that."

Sheldon Claude Luxor

Species -
Hermit Crab

Description -
Red freshwater crab, slightly lighter than my roommate Fritz. Strong climbing claws. "I feel most comfortable in the shell I was bought in. It's light blue with dark blue and red strips, very classic. And I say, never mess with a classic."

Activities -
Climbing, napping. "I am a great climber, I have scaled everything in my tank, including the pagoda. Sometimes I make Valancy Jane nervous because of how high I climb."

Favorite Spot -
Behind the elephant, next to the pond.

"I am kinda shy when it comes to people, but I love to show off my climbing skills. I like peace and quiet in the day, I take a lot of naps."

Luigi Galileo Lexington

Species -
Goldfish

Description-
Bright happy gold, with black eyes. "I turn very pretty gold when I am given good food to eat."

Activities -
Swimming, reading books, eating and more eating. "What can I say, I'm a growing fish. I like to eat."

Favorite spot -
By the lighthouse, reading a book on the shelf. "I can't wait until we get to the chapter on Buddists."

"I come from humble beginnings at a fair ground, but I am educating myself and growing stronger every day. I am very protective of Bianca."

Bianca Toulouse Del Mar

Species -
Goldfish

Description -
Soft, pure white, little black eyes. Ladylike, but slightly nervous. "Luigi tells me I look like an angel."

Activities -
Swimming, reading, eating and contemplating the world. "I like to look out at the world, although it sometimes frightens me. I do like music and reading the books on the shelf."

Favorite Spot -
Behind the plant, looking out. "I feel safe there."

"Luigi is very ambitious, I just want to potter around my tank and read. I like it when Valancy Jane watches old movies with Cary Grant in them."

3 Comments:

At December 7, 2004 at 5:26 PM, Blogger Sven said...

What a COOL idea.

More stories about pets please.

 
At December 8, 2004 at 9:10 AM, Blogger Minoa said...

what a great blog! it looks like you are really having fun with this!!! =)
makes me wish i had pets again. i am currently going thru the first time in my life when i do not have any pets. I guess you could count G. as a pet.
please write more! it's wednesday!

 
At December 10, 2004 at 6:48 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Just goes to show that you can't hide creativity. Ha ha! I love this blog as much as your other one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home